Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

December Wrap-up

   Like many of you, December was all about gift-making for the holidays.  I really enjoyed working on these smaller projects-- lots of mug rugs, little notepad and  mini-journal covers and cell-phone cases/tissue cozies.  I worked with some great fabrics and discovered that I am now addicted to fussy-cutting.

In order to give proper credit to those who are due, here are the tutorials that I used:

#s 1,2 &3:  from this magazine (2010 issue):



#4: Zig Zag mug rug tutorial by Jenna at Sew Happy Geek

#5: 'time for tea' mug rug tutorial by Nova at A Cuppa and a Catch-up

# 9: iPod/Camera Cozy tutorial by Rebecca at the Sew, Mama, Sew! blog
       [Note:  I altered the size a little to make it slightly smaller.  Also, this site is an excellent source of all kinds of tutorials]

   There were actually many more items that I made, just in the nick of time to give away, that I didn't get photos of, so these are just some highlights.
   And today I'm going to cut into some of this:

   For some reason, I am just completely enamored with this chicken-and-egg fabric (and the fabrics that I picked out to go with it).  The plan is to use them to make a cover for our Cuisinart mixer (which sits out on our kitchen counter and gathers dust) and to make a set of matching curtains for some open shelves in our kitchen (that also gather dust easily).  Hopefully, I'll have something to post this week.
   Happy Quilting/Sewing to all of you!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great wrap up! And I think that the way you will be using the fabric for the Kitchen Aid will be fantastic! Love the new look of your blog! See you on Saturday!

Sarah said...

Love the fussycutting :-) Nice new look blog too! Happy New Year!

Judith, Belfast said...

Love the new look E! And a great mosaic of makes too - how creative you've been! Wishing you a creative 2012! Jxo

Amanda said...

You were a busy gal! I've never tried fussy cutting but it looks wonderful, definitely on my 'to do' list!

The chicken fabric is so fun!

Happy New Year

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

You can't beat a bit of fussy cutting! I love all the things you've made - thanks for the links!