Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy Happy Holidays

   Merry Christmas to all of you who are celebrating today yesterday,
and Happy Chanuka to those of you [like me] who are Jewish.
   And to any of my other followers who celebrate anything different that I am not aware of-- please make me "aware".   I would like to be politically correct and honor those friends who celebrate holidays different from the ones I am familiar with.

   Last night, we celebrated the 6th night of Chanukah.  (By the way, you can spell chanukan/hanukkah about a million different ways in English-- but only one way in Hebrew.  It's an interpretation thing-- there's really no "correct" way.)

   This photo is from  a couple nights ago.  There is the Shamesh-- the candle that lights the others, and it is given the highest place, usually on the right, but this menorah was created through the eyes of a preschooler, so anything goes.
menorah created by my 4-yr old son, Sam, at school.
My son's preschool singing holidays songs this week at the senior center.
They are each wearing a chanukah candle on their head.

lighting the candles at sundown
Sammy's first "gun" (the "bullets" are styrofoam)
a lont-time fave of my 9 yr old daughter:
Littlest Pet Shop (LPS)
new this year: the "walking" ones

 The kids have received lots of fun and exciting presents, and there is a lot of creative play going on in this house.  

The young guy had to have a backpack on wheels--
just like his Big Sister has
The Opening of the Presents:
requires Patience, Time and assorted Tools!
The Big Hit:
Hot Wheels car racing
Ready, Set, Go!!

The Finish Line:
complete with battery-controlled
winner announcer
a mobile for Sammy's room
(even though its for ages 8 and up)
painting the planets
(The big orange one is Jupiter, I think-- I'm a little rusty)
     The kids have been very busy and playing so nicely together!  [I love it when there's no bickering.]
   I hope that you all celebrated your holidays with loved ones.  I loved reading about and seeing everyone's decorations, traditions and festivities for the holidays.
   Have a great day!



4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Holidays to you as well.

Clare Wassermann said...

I can see you've had a great time - I had forgotten the delights of all those wire ties inside childrens' toys!
Have a wonderful New Year

Tina Craig said...

It looks like your family had a fun Chanukah. I love Sam's menorah! Happy New Year!

Quilting Corner said...

It looks like everyone had an enjoyable holiday.