Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Week In Review

   Progress continues at a snail's pace, but for now, that's the best I can do.
I made two different styles of eyeglass cases as "thank you" gifts.  The first case is larger in size, and more suitable for sunglasses, while the latter is smaller and more appropriate for reading glasses.
   The first is the Cute Sunglasses Case tutorial from Terri at Sew Fantastic.
My neighbor LOVES dogs, and has a golden retriever,
so I thought she would appreciate these fabrics.
    The second eyeglass case tutorial is from Amy at Made During Quiet Time.
    I've also been bit by the Hexie bug, and so have started some of these with leftovers from my Little Apples charm pack.
    I like that I can bring the Hexies with me in the car and do them on-the-go, wherever I am.  Not sure what I'm going to make with them yet, I'll just keep making them and then figure it out.
   Hope you're all enjoying lots of quilting time!  I've been enjoying reading everyone's blogs and seeing what you're working on!
   Have a great weekend!


8 comments:

Judith, Belfast said...

Great gift ideas E! They will make v.special & practical presents. Your hexies are v.cute with the little detail in the middle. They'd make a lovely cushion front - keep going! Jxo

Cindy said...

There's so much goodness here! I've just been nibbled by the hexie bug myself, but not enough to actually start. You're inspiring me. The little pups are just adorable! What great gifts!

Sarah said...

Lovely makes, which spec case did you like doing best? Which was the easiest?
Love the start of your hexies, that fabric is so well suited! very cute!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Great presents!!

Iowa Sunshine said...

I loooove that puppy pattern! great idea with the sunglasses pouch. you are so creative, and i'm really enjoying seeing all of your fine talent!! keep up the great work : )

Second Chance Tan said...

Hello - I have nipped over from Judith's blog - saw your lovely Bee Blessed blocks.... I am relatively new to this blogging malarky, but totally love it, and find it all very addictive! Have a good week x

Susan said...

Your glasses cases are great! I have both the dog prints but in different colours! I think I need to get them together to 'play'! I have just finished up a hexie mug rug for a Christmas swap! You might like to use yours that way!

Clare Wassermann said...

what a totally lovely Blog!