I'm still rather struggling, these days, with this most recent setback in my depression. Just doing my best (relatively speaking) to be functional at getting the basics done each day and focusing my energy on the kids. Reminding myself to breathe, be mindful and in-the-moment, rather than getting sucked into the overwhelming vortex of negative thoughts that constantly threatens to pull me down.
I've been working on a number of small-scale quilting projects, and the little bits of time at my sewing machine, while not highly productive, are still very therapeutic.
Here are my bits of "This and That"...
- Pieced blue block (12 1/2" square) for the Mod Conn Quilters meeting last Sunday.
- Pieced green block (also 12 1/2" square) also for the Mod Conn Quilters meeting.
The pieced squares will be matched with complimentary colored solid blocks and ultimately be assembled and quilted for donation. (The group is very new, so we do not have a completed quilt to show yet). I did not bring my camera to the meeting, but Jackie of Canton Village Quiltworks, did a wonderful post here of all the blocks with the coordinating color fabric choices as well as the wonderful show-and-tell from the meeting.
- I've also been working on a "Pockets To Go" cube organizer for my sewing stuff...
|I'm starting with the bottom one|
|here I've attached the inside pockets to the bottom|
|this view shows the outside (zippered) pockets--|
my very first zippers, but not fully assembled yet!
- I fell in love with this cheerful basket of birdies...
- I've also been selecting scraps and goodie ideas for my partner in the Scrappy Swap hosted by Kat (Diary of a Flutter Cat/Mummy'sTimeTo Create)
|here's my proposed 1st audition of scraps for my partner|
Lastly, I want to share with you this wonderful gift from my sister:
|How can you not love her??!!|
|She is a momiji doll, and in the bottom is a special, secret message.|
Thanks, Sis!! I love this little doll and the thoughtful little note inside. She is displayed in a prominent place in my sewing area so I can look at her and smile and think of you!
Happy Quilting to you all this weekend!