Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Chicken Fetish

Recipe for my next project:
1)  Start with a fetish for chickens.  Here's my small kitchen collection:

Cute,  folksy pair of ceramic chickens from a crafts fair
Ceramic chicken from T.J. Maxx

Handmade chicken potholder purchased at recent quilt show
Bottle of wine purchased by my Hubster specifically for the chicken label
(It tasted good, too-- I'd buy it again)

2)  Situation:  Need a curtain for Ikea shelves in kitchen to reduce dust and unsightliness of items.


3)  Solution: Curtain project in Anna Maria Horner book



4)  Preliminary fabric selection (with chickens) for proposed project:

These fabrics are from JoAnn Fabrics.
I don't usually buy fabrics at JoAnns, just supplies, but I thought these were cute.

Detail of chickens
Aren't they cute??
What do you think?  I'm not great at coordinating fabrics.  Any suggestions?  Should I add more?  And if so, what colors?

Thanks for your input/feedback!!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Regina said...

I like those fabrics! Can't wait to see how it turns out. Do you like that book?

Kathleen said...

Your chickens are so cute. I like the two print fabrics. Is the middle one really orange or are the colors off a little?